The JP271SW builds on the offering of the JP171SW by providing a higher specification option that is particularly popular with training bands and advanced students.
Designed in collaboration with Smith-Watkins, the JP271SW benefits from their specialist expertise and professional components. Constructed from a High Grade 80:20 Brass, the JP271SW features a one piece bell for extra resonance, and high tolerance monel piston valves. A specially designed Smith-Watkins leadpipe offers a free blowing experience and encourages a warm tone. The JP271SW features 1st and 3rd valve slide triggers similar to professional models to assist with tuning.
- Model: JP271SW, JP271SWS
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: High Grade Brass - 123mm (4.84"), One piece
- Valves: Piston 3
- Bore: Medium-Large 11.68mm (0.460")
- Water Key: Lever 2
- Body: High Grade Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP271SW)
- Finish: Silver Plated (JP271SWS)
- Lyre Box: Yes
- Mouthpiece: JP 4B
- Leadpipe: Smith Watkins design
- Instrument Weight: 1.12Kg (2lb 8oz)
- Weight with case: 3.78Kg (8lb 5oz)