French Horn Guide
This progressive guide presents information and suggestions for the uninitiated to gain a foothold in an unfamiliar world. As the text advances, more detailed information is presented that may only be suitable or desirable for a more involved or interested person. I’ve tried to categorize it so one can easily jump ahead or leave as their information needs are fulfilled.
- Build Basics: Understanding how it works and some common terminology.
- Starting Point - The Single Horn: where a child begins their musical journey.
- Universal Options: We’ll take a quick look at some options and choices that are likely to be encountered early on.
- What’s Available Here: It’s always best to go and take a look before you buy. These instruments are commonly found in shops around Sydney.
- Intermediate - The Double Horn: Moving into new territory.
- Horns for Schools: Covering the bases for size, skill level, budget and durability.
- Level 3 - High Level Double Horns: an introduction to advanced and professional level horns and getting deeper into the different types of construction.
- Level 4 - Beyond…: Looking into some of the interesting and amazing things in the world of horn.