A favourite amongst education authorities and music services, the JP173 is a free blowing and durable Baritone Horn ideal for students and training bands.
The JP173 provides a exceptionally high performance to cost ratio, offering a high component specification with an affordable price tag. A redesigned valve block using nylon valve guides and bottom sprung monel piston valves help keep the instrument in a smooth and free working order. The JP173 features a 0.504" bore and the large 8" bell aids sounds projection.
- Model: JP173, JP173S
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: Yellow Brass - 203.20mm (8")
- Valves: Piston 3
- Bore: Medium 12.80mm (0.504")
- Water Key: Lever 3
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP173)
- Finish: Silver Plated (JP173S)
- Lyre Box: Yes
- Mouthpiece: JP 6BS
- Instrument Weight: 2.3Kg (5lb 1oz)
- Weight with case: 5.64Kg (12lb 7oz)