The Englbert Schmid Digital Mouthpiece is a refinement of the original Engelbert Schmid mouthpiece available since 1981. Digital copying has removed the inherent flaws and variability form a hand made mouthpiece so each copy is a perfect example of the design.
- Engelbert Schmid's Digital Mouthpieces are available in 4 different inner width diameters: 17.0 mm 17.5 mm 18.0 mm 18.5 mm
- For each inner width there are 6 different cup depths: shallow, semi-shallow, medium, medium deep, deep and extra-deep.
- All Engelbert Schmid digital mouthpieces have the same rim geometry. The rim is 4 mm in width for the diameters of 17.0, 17.5 and 18.0. For mouthpieces with a larger inner diameter of 18.5, the rim is reduced to 3,75 mm since the mouthpiece in this instance already covers a very broad portion of the lips.
- Wall thickness is uniformly 1.7 mm on all Engelbert Schmid digital mouthpieces. This has a very positive effect on mouthpiece vibration behaviour.
- The Shank: Engelbert Schmid Mouthpieces have a shank in between Morse and Metric. So they will fit well into practically all mouthpiece receivers. If you don't have an Engelbert Schmid Horn just twist the mouthpiece a little in and its OK.
We now have the full set of 36 Digital Mouthpieces avaialble in store for trial. The most popular models are currently in stock. Non-stocked mouthpieces can be ordered or purchased from the trial set - please contact us for more information.
- #8: For horn players who have a naturally dark tone and are looking for help in the high register.
- #8.5: The most comfortable, all-round mouthpiece to suit most lips.
- #9: For horn players who have a good high range but feel that it sometimes sounds too bright. Low horn players normally find the number 9.0 to be a good fit.
- #11: For horn players who have a naturally dark tone and are looking for help in the high register.
- #11.5: In the diameter 18.0, the most comfortable, all-round mouthpiece to suit most lips.
- #12: For horn players who have a good high range but feel that it sometimes sounds too bright. Low horn players normally find the number 12.0 to be a good fit.
- #2.5-17.5: Number 2.5-17.5 is good for 2nd Horn or for the 1st horn who has a very good, light speaking, high range.
SCHMID DIGITAL MOUTHPIECE GUIDE:
Cup Shape: The Vienna Style is more funnel shaped and generally deeper than the Slight Cup Shape. The Vienna cup adds more "ooo" to the sound and is therefore good for players who want a less bright sound.
scroll right to view (stocked mouthpieces in bold)