When is a trumpet mute worth $140?
- When you know you can depend on its sound quality.
- When you know it will stay in the bell, thanks to our two layer corks (a Ion Balu innovation).
- When you know that throughout the whole register, you will not find strange or distorted notes.
- When it plays in tune without adjusting the tuning slide.
- When the model has improved its inside resonator compared to its previous (Majestic) model.
They can be equally played in pp with great sound control or loudly with confidence, when "The Resonator" kicks in for a rich and vibrating sound. Above all, the mute will really surprise you with its easy responding sound and impeccable intonation. Our mutes have a higher price because they are entirely made here in the USA with American materials and labor costs.
We are the only company to offer the very first dual layer cork (a Ion Balu Innovation). The top cork layer has a good grip on the inside of the bell. This is reinforced by the bottom layer, a spongy-like material that compresses when pushed into the bell. The cork then expands softly, applying pressure and guaranteeing protection and safety inside the bell. Many trumpet players have horror stories about how their mutes dropped during a performance, but the double layer cork is designed to keep the mute in place.